Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Never Too Early to Plan for Christmas

Can you guys post your Christmas time plans as you get them finalized?

Gilmour Family: Jim has to work on Christmas day, which is a Saturday so we'll be in Chalfont at least until then. But we are free on Dec 26-27.

Will all the cousins be in town? We should plan bowling/ornament exchange (always good for a laugh).

Thanks and happy holidays,
Lel

12 comments:

Levelle said...

We're in town and open for anything right now. Anyone is welcome to stay at our house, but just a warning...we are still using just the hall bath for showers.

( I know, we're so speedy quick on our home improvements. I'm beginning to really like that hole in my shower. And now after the tornado in Parkville last night, repairing the roof jumps up to the #1 spot on the home improvement list ;-) )

But it'll be fun...like the olden days sharing one shower with 9 other people!

Love to all - Levelle

PS I had another great visit with Mom! She really seems to have adjusted well and is actually becoming active again.

Danny said...

We're free all day the 26th but booked solid on the 27th. Would Kris Kringle the 26th evening be doable? Would our place be too far for it? I asked Quinn a bit ago if she'd be amenable to us hosting this year. I think she said yes but that she'd like to have a holiday gathering as well.

Dang, Levelle. I forgot all about your location when I heard about the heavy wind damage this morning. Any leaks?

LTA, Danny

PS - Lev's PS heartens me greatly :~)

Danny said...

PPS for Levelle- Yes, we or I will stop by on Thanksgiving. Don't add us in the head count for dinner but your's is always a grand place for a wee visit.

Stuart said...

I'll stop by to tinkle also.

Never mind, I just figured out what a "wee visit" was.

We'll miss you all over Thanksgiving this year. Rhett has a cotillion rehearsal on Saturday, and we are having company in town for the week.

I'm still trying to figure out Christmas. The deb thing is daily from the 27th through the actual ball on the 30th, so I know we are in Durham during that time.

I'm sure M$M will weigh in soon. Last I remember, he was planning to stop here around the 18th or so on his way to Baltimore.

I'll try to get Trudy to commit to some travel days so we can plan, but ya'll schedule when you need to. If we are there ahead of Christmas, we'll come to your houses to drop off all of the expensive presents that we have gotten you.

Sorry I don't have better plans right now.

Michael said...

Yes, we'll be in Baltimore around the 21st or whenever Stuart kicks us out until January 4. Stuart, we should have a good idea of when we get to Durham early next week when we get back to Singapore. I think it will be the 16th or 17th now.

BTW, we just climbed Mt Kinabalu earlier today. @4,092 meters, it's the tallest mountain in SE Asia. We should be walking again by Christmas. 7 hours up and almost 8 back down. You would think it's easier to cone down but trust me, it's not.

Stuart said...

Here is what Michael said back in early October, slightly edited:

"We will be in Baltimore from about 20 December to 4 January. We ...are visiting friends who live between Portland and Seattle at the beginning of December. We're also trying to catch up with Bobby in Corvallis to maybe do some hiking. On 6 December we fly the red-eye to Houston and between then and around 20 December, we'll drive up to Baltimore through New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama, Atlanta, Charleston and Durham. We're aiming to stick to the backroads and stop in places that look cool to us. If not enough looks good, we may be in Baltimore sooner."

Looks like the NC Smiths will be coming up on 21st or so and meeting Rhett at the train. We'll hang out for a few days and visit where we can, then head back to NC for Santa..

Stuart said...

Oops. Michael posted while I was checking spellin.

Megan said...

We're free any of those days, except Henry who has a concert on the evening of the 26th. But he'll be able to drive himself from bowling (or wherever) to Stewartstown when he needs to go.

I'm having great visits with Mom, too, although I do have one issue. As we walked the halls on Thursday morning, we ran into another walker. As we approached, Mom whispered that she thinks he "liked" her. When they got close to each other, they got REALLY close. I was uncomfortably unsure of what might happen... the best case scenario would be that they just start dancing (nose-to-nose) to the 40's music that was playing in the community room.

Yes, I know, we all thought it would be cute if Mom hooked up with one of these cute old men she lives with. But NOT in front of me. And especially not when the "he" that likes her is a "she." I've tried on several other occasions to convince Mom that Mary is a woman, not a man, but she isn't falling for it.

Can I just say, "Eeewwww!"

Gilmom5 said...

la-la-la-la-la-la I can't hear you

Michael said...

Oops. Never got back to this. Stuart, we should arrive on the 17th. Let me know if y'all prefer we get there sooner. We're aiming to be there the weekend but realize it's the weekend before Christmas and you may prefer / need to be do other things.

Stuart said...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We missed you.

Hey, Michael,

12/17 is fine, or any time that works for you is ok for us also. We'll probably drive up to Bmore about the same time as you, so we can just see what there is to enjoy here in Durham that weekend. I know my obligations for office parties, etc. will be over.

One of Shane's classmates will be performing in the Nutcracker on the afternoon of the 17th. I thought I could sacrifice my ticket for Melanie if she has never seen it. You and I can do something less cultured, unless you need to see 10-year-old's ballet.

Danny said...

Anybody have a spare shoe, a spare sock or some dental floss (or plain cotton thread)? ;~)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles