Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not sure what Quinn does to Mom, but I had a very nice visit today!

Quinn had a not so good visit with Mom on Monday where Mom was not interested in anything and didn't want to talk. She seemed depressed. But...today was a new day! (also on the every-other-day-is-a-good-day schedule, I landed on a good day)

When I got there, Mom was eating. When she saw me come in, she gave a very big smile (probably because I'm her favorite ;-) ) and seemed to recognize me. I told her that I would wait in her room until she finished. (totally wondering if she would A.Remember that I was waiting in her room and B.Remember where her room was) Lucky me, she remembered both! Her room was neat and tidy and her bed was made well too. Her outfit looked good and her hair and nails looked good. (although her shoes ere on the wrong feet)

We sat down and began to chat. Sometimes when I visit she talks a lot, but it's all jibberish. This time she had a fair amount of words and even stopped to get frustrated that "she knows the word she wants to say, but can't get it out". We then looked through one of the photo albums there. She did pretty well with high school pictures and better with pictures from her youth. She was able to pull several names right out. I just love visits like this! She also talked about all of the nice people who work there and how much they like her. So...I'm just going to keep that picture in my mind and believe that is how it is all of the time. (at least until I visit on one of those every-other-day-is-a-bad-day days)

Love to all - Levelle

PS Michael and Stuart, you probably haven't been able to reach Mom by phone recently due to it's location wrapped around the legs of her nightstand. It was nice and tight and secure though, so no worries of someone stealing it ;-)

5 comments:

Megan said...

I've been fairly lucky with good days lately, too. But let's not lead Quinn into thinking she has anything to do with "the bad days." We would not want Quinn to stop going for any reason.

Did you notice the photo I posted. Leland did that while driving home from Canton in the wee hours of Friday morning. We figure many angels cushioned the landing of the car (the brand new car). She was able to open the driver's door, crawl out, and walk away. Many angels! Thanks, Dads!

Michael said...

I'm glad she's okay but I like the post someone put on her facebook page: Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. Whether appropriate for this accident or not, other variations that are good to remember are: Be careful driving late at night, guardian angels sleep early, and: Never party and drive, guardian angels are partial to Irish whiskey. :p

Levelle said...

Wow! I'm glad she's safe. What an ordeal for all of you. Good luck working things out.

Gilmom5 said...

I had a similar visit to Levelle's on Saturday. Emma and Aidan went were nice enough to go with me, but only after I promised Aidan that Mom would only hug him - no kisses. Mom's was happy at a group activity in the living room when we arrived, but was also happy to sit with us in the "family room". While we were there, Sally Lynch came by, too. Mom's room was very neat and tidy and she looked nice and clean. She was doing pretty well with her words. We left after about an hour with Mom waving to us from the neighborhood door. All in all, a good visit. I fixed the phone and hopefully it is still fixed (call quickly!)
BTW, Mom must have kissed Aidan 10 times :) Oh well, this will help him get into heaven. He's going to need it - had a cheeseburger for lunch, even though he gave up hamburgers for Lent (insisting it is legal.) He also told me it's a good thing he didn't give up napkins, like Shane, after a big plop of ketchup landed on his lap. I told you nieces and nephews are the best! Give them all a hug for me - especially cousin aunt Lel!
Take care - Lel

Michael said...

Poor Aiden but I like his logic on the cheese burgers. I think I will use that one.

BTW, does anyone here use skype? If so, please add msmith_sg. After hearing so much about it for years, I finally broke down and installed it (it's free) when Alex said he uses it often. We sometimes use facebook to chat but that's an awful program for typing conversations. Several people said skype was much better so I tried it. It definitely was better but then I took the next step of getting a $40 webcam/microphone. I talked to Alex today and it was like being face to face. Very cool. If you have broadband cable or wireless, it's a good way to keep in touch. Best of all, chats, calls and video calls are free (assuming you have sufficient usage and download rights from your internet provider - I get unlimited downloads at 10Mbps for about $57/month. If you don't have that, just install it at your workplace. :p)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles