Monday, February 22, 2010

Drama Queen

Jim and I had a great weekend in Durham. We went to see Rhett's play in which she had a solo. She did a great job! She really has an amazing voice. The whole show was very fun, although I slept through some of it :( - Jim told me it was good. I want Stuart to post the You Tube link that Rhett's grandfather uploaded. It was so nice to spend time with Rhett, who put up with us until 3am Saturday morning.

It's so much fun to spend time with Shane and Rory, too. Like with Levelle's kids, they are still fun to talk to and don't know everything yet. Very refreshing - they make me laugh!

Sorry we left too late to stop in Baltimore. I am going to come down next weekend even for a few hours to see Mom. I didn't want to stop on the way home yesterday because it would have been 5PM. I am sure that's a bad time. (and I am chicken)

Nieces and Nephews are the best,
Love Aunt Lel

4 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks for coming down Lel and Jim. great to have you. My house was more alive Sunday morning than ever. Rhett brought home 5 of her friends from the play to spend the night, Rory had two sleep-overs and Shane one. Total of 15 in the house. At least they all didn't need breakfast at the same time.

As requested, here is Rhett:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7013478?fr=yvmtf

Megan said...

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get down to see the show. I've so frequently been amazed at the quality of the high school musicals I've seen. (Somebody should do a movie about them.) I'll check out the video now.

I stayed home this weekend to make a concerted effort to paint again. I had three canvases sketched and ready to paint back before Dad died. I got very little painting done. But I did manage to buy a big crochet hook and yarn, as well as some jewelry making materials. (What is wrong with me??) (Nevermind!)

Michael said...

Good lord Megan. What's the big deal about painting? Despite 10 days off in Timor, in the past month alone I have painted all the doors, walls and ceilings as well as the fence put front. The gate is next. Let me know if you need help or inspiration.

Megan said...

I think it is just about my inability to focus on getting anything done. I'm great at collecting art supplies and making project lists, but for too many reasons I just can't break through the funk, though.

Enough about me. Hey, I hear we're going to get more snow tomorrow!

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles