Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A New Thread -- Party time

Greetings, one and all,

I got tired of not finding a new post (but maybe no news is good news). Check your e-mail inboxes for a party invitation that I should have sent via the more formal USPS (but ran out of time). I hope you all can make it, and would you mind passing the invitation along to all of your grown and growing children? I'm sure my contact list is way out of date. Can we work on a family e-mail directory?

Hope you all are well and are squeezing every bit of fun out of what's left of summer.

Love, Megan

7 comments:

Levelle said...

We'll be there. What can we bring?

AND...BTW....in case anyone was wondering about Mom's ramblings on Fr. Ed leaving the church...THEY'RE TRUE!!!!!!!! Turns out he made the announcement at church on Sunday. (no mention of having dated a woman for 8 years, but you never know.) How do you think Mom knew the details?!?


Love to all - Levelle

Megan said...

JUICCCYYYY!

Danny said...

I could have sworn he was gay...

Megan-The D.C.Smith's will be there. What can we bring?

Did anyone hear how it went the other night with Mom going with Uncle Jim to Loyola College for the dinner honoring John Fitzpatrick?

Stuart said...

I'll try to make it. What do you want me to bring (something you can do without if I don't get there)?
Trudy is less likely as she is hosting an event at our house on Sunday. Children are up in the air.

Levelle said...

the Loyola event wentt fine. I called the front desk and Mom on Monday afternoon to remind her and to let them know. Uncle Jim also called her around 5:00 to let her know that he would be there in about an hour. The only problem that she had was that she was upset that "she didn't have anyone to watch the children." Other than that, he said that she had a good time and he got her back safe and sound before the doors locked.

Love to all - Levelle

Megan said...

Thanks to one and all who are offering to bring things to the party. And my lovely husband thanks you, as he is stuck with dealing with all the things my mind thinks up, but that my back can't handle. We've got all the meatier dishes under control, as most will be grilled and sliced ahead of time or grilled on the spot. And I'll be making and freezing desserts all week.

If any of you would mind bringing a side dish, I would be most appreciative! Levelle is bringing an orzo pasta salad, Paul- coleslaw, Leland- bean/corn salad. Anything you bring is fine; there will be lots of folks here (50ish? More?). Also, please bring sunshine and cool temps. Thank you!! Love you!!

Megan

Megan said...

Aarrrrgh! There's a tropical storm on the way! "Danny!" Go figure.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles