Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She is not a happy camper, but not to worry...

It is all Quinn's fault. I had the meeting at BG last Saturday at 12n. We reviewed Mom's plan of care, discussed her progress/ concerns. It was actually pretty uneventful as Mom has been pretty status quo for a while now. The one area of concern that I raised was her hygiene. I asked about them offering Mom "help to get a shower or bath ready" or some kind of verbal cue to make her think about washing up. That was Saturday.
On Sunday, Megan, Paul, Tod and I arrived to find an angry, tearful, depressed, but clean mother. She would not say if anything specific had happened to make her so upset. She "just wanted to get out of their one way or another". She also wanted to know if the house had sold - and believe me she would not let us dance around the answer- and how much it sold for. We said that yes the house had sold and then directed her to Danny for the specifics ;-) We kept trying to distract her and get her to come out of her room, but the more we pushed the more she withdrew. Finally, she had had enough. She turned and pointed at me and said " I know you have been going around telling everyone that I am... that I can't....". Then she started really crying, crawled in bed and told us to leave. She didn't have to finish. It was clear that not only did they force her to clean up, they also used me as the reason they had to do it.
I called and spoke with one of the managers first thing Monday morning. I let her know how angered and humiliated Mom was and how completely unprofessional their actions were. Tanya was very apologetic and is looking into the situation. She will find out what exactly happened and who was involved. She does have a good rapport with Mom and is going to talk to her casually and see if she can help her in any way. She will be getting back to me and I will pass on any updates. Sorry for the bad news. LTA, Q

6 comments:

Danny said...

I'll be dropping by to visit Mom one evening this week and will take whatever 'heat' remains. Paul had given me a couple of up-date calls as the 'fire' was burning on Sunday. My guess is that y'all got most of it to be vented already but I'll give an update after my visit.

Gilmom5 said...

Is it time to look elsewhere?

Michael said...

Way to go Quinn. That should make up for the time you were the only one to escape punishment for.... oh nevermind. We forgive you. :p

Leland, Mom will have rough patches along the way no matter where she is. Although BGT sounds like they should have handled it better, there will often be issues that come up no matter where she is. I think she will get over this as she has gotten over other problems. Getting her settled in a new home would be very disruptive and damaging for her, IMHO. I'll defer to wiser minds but I think it's a speed bump in the road, not a stop light or mandatory left turn lane (or right turn lane for you conservatives).

Michael said...

Did I dream this or just can't find it? Was someone looking for the store where Melanie buys those bracelets with sayings? If so, it is two or three doors down from Padonia Station restaurant.

quinn said...

Yes, I had asked about it. Thank you.

Stuart said...

That would have been a really weird dream.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles