Monday, July 29, 2013

A Govans History

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Floyola.edu%2F~%2Fmedia%2Fdepartment%2Fyri%2Fdocuments%2FGovans-11.ashx&ei=Akj2UbK_DcfRrQeQw4CYCA&usg=AFQjCNHXrRiUcgUO_xf7FWaSue-ltP_7fg&sig2=1w6OcdK9-AOlyqg3ywDwLg&bvm=bv.49784469,d.bmk Jeeze, that's a long link. I wonder if it will work here. It's a very good history of Govans & Homeland around York Road. It's a long read though so open it only when you have a few hours. (edited to say it looks like you need to cut & paste the link. Or Google "govans village and suburbs Loyola university"

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was able to open and download PDF, so I can read it at my leasure. I'm enjoying the history, so much so that I went to Amazon to see if I could get the actual book. It is out of print, but used versions are available starting at $47. I'll keep reading my PDF.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles