You really do need to get on Facebook if only to find out what friends and family are doing behind your back. We made it to Santiago on Sunday in time for mass. In fact, we even caught the end of the 9:30 choir mass before the noon pilgrims' mass which we also went to. They lit the massive incense burner (botafumeira) after both masses which is highly unusual outside of Holy Years". We also went to mass on the 1st for Melanie's brother's 25th death anniversay and on the 2nd for Mom & Dad's anniversary. We went again today because we could get good seats and the botafumeira was up again (as it was yesterday). I felt like an altar boy again. I even scraped bubblegum from under a dozen pews yesterday before I got arrested. We flew to Paris this evening (our first time in any mode of transport other than boots since 29 August) and we head to Singapore at noon tomorrow.
The Camino is not for everyone but I am pretty sure you all would enjoy it. You have such incredible simplicity in the walk so you have a tremendous amount of time to clear your mind then think of one thing at a time. So you meet the most wonderful people, see incredible sights, learn about yourself, enjoy great meals, challenge yourself, and lose weight. What more can you want? If you don't want to do it, your kids might and I would encourage them to.
I think I mentioned before you left that we watched the movie, so the kids were interested in following your progress. For a while. Then things like baseball got their attention. Thanks for the update.
I tried to walk or run 3 to 6 miles everyday while you were on your stroll. Sort of a sympathetic ambulation. But I have a job, so 15 miles per day was out of the question.
I think Shane is about to start a project on Singapore. Better get back there and prepare to help.
4 comments:
Happy anniversary Mom & Dad. Enjoy a beautiful day together. Heck, enjoy a beautiful eternity together.
BTW, if you have figured out the right guy to talk to about fixing these things, can you put in a good word for the O's?
Since i don't do Facebook, can anyone tell me if M&M mad it so Santiago? He said he'd be at the bones now.
You really do need to get on Facebook if only to find out what friends and family are doing behind your back. We made it to Santiago on Sunday in time for mass. In fact, we even caught the end of the 9:30 choir mass before the noon pilgrims' mass which we also went to. They lit the massive incense burner (botafumeira) after both masses which is highly unusual outside of Holy Years". We also went to mass on the 1st for Melanie's brother's 25th death anniversay and on the 2nd for Mom & Dad's anniversary. We went again today because we could get good seats and the botafumeira was up again (as it was yesterday). I felt like an altar boy again. I even scraped bubblegum from under a dozen pews yesterday before I got arrested. We flew to Paris this evening (our first time in any mode of transport other than boots since 29 August) and we head to Singapore at noon tomorrow.
The Camino is not for everyone but I am pretty sure you all would enjoy it. You have such incredible simplicity in the walk so you have a tremendous amount of time to clear your mind then think of one thing at a time. So you meet the most wonderful people, see incredible sights, learn about yourself, enjoy great meals, challenge yourself, and lose weight. What more can you want? If you don't want to do it, your kids might and I would encourage them to.
I think I mentioned before you left that we watched the movie, so the kids were interested in following your progress. For a while. Then things like baseball got their attention. Thanks for the update.
I tried to walk or run 3 to 6 miles everyday while you were on your stroll. Sort of a sympathetic ambulation. But I have a job, so 15 miles per day was out of the question.
I think Shane is about to start a project on Singapore. Better get back there and prepare to help.
Post a Comment