Sunday, April 1, 2012
So what do we do now?
First, I should thank all of you for taking care of Mom, her finances, all the visits, keeping her friends in touch, arranging the mass, thank you notes, etc., etc., etc. Despite Quinn's disappearance when we needed her the most (you know we wouldn't tease you if we didn't love you), you all were fantastic.
Lel, do you want to post your eulogy of Mom here? Danny, how about Dad's? Just a thought.
BTW, for those who didn't hear: I was holding the door for people as they were leaving the back of the church to head down to the hall. I waited until the last people were out then found myself walking behind two ladies from the choir. I overheard one of them saying to the other "Oh my. I didn't even know her and I was crying". It's a shame she didn't.
On a completely different thought, how many of you put two spaces after a period when you type a sentence on your PC? I have done it after every sentence since Mom drilled it into me when I used her typewriter to do a report in the 6th or 7th grade. Only recently I found out that the proper usage is only one space for PCs. Two were used for typewriters because all the letters took up the same space so there was a lot of half spaces next to the thin letters "i" & "l". Two spaces were needed after sentences to make a more significant visual break. Computers don't need that so one space is the proper usage. How come Mom never taught me that, huh?? I think of her now after every sentence that I have to correct.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......
2 comments:
You know, I always have, and always will, put two spaces after each sentence, PC or not. It just looks better and is easier to read. It has always bothered me that this blog platform deletes one of my spaces.
And now, Michael, dear. I can't afford a trip to Singapore to kick your ass, but I'd like to. Sometimes you aren't as funny as you think you are, but this is just my perspective... NO ONE has been there when MOM needed her most more than your sister Quinn. I know you're just teasing, but this thread of teasing can end now.
LTA, Megan
So that wasn't your lottery ticket either, huh?
Post a Comment