Friday, September 2, 2011

There hasn't been a Mom post in a while...

I had a lovely visit with Mom on Tuesday in the very quiet, very dark Arden courts. Why, you ask, would it be very quiet and very dark?!? Because they had no electricity since Saturday night! Hurricane Irene took it's toll on Maryland and many lost electricity. Yes, there was a generator working offering some power, but they were clearly conserving energy with only the emergency lighting. Luckily it was a beautiful day and the residents were all outside for activity time.

Mom didn't seem to mind, so neither did I. The only problem was that she did not care for her cold hair washing and there was no blow-drying her hair after. Oh well! Other than that, same old, same old. She was happy to see the children and pleased to hear their stories. When I left her, she was sitting holding one of her "babies" and fiddling with his blanket. It was nice to see her care for the baby. I wish she would do that more.

Okay, tiny update but it moves the blog along...

LTA - Levelle

2 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks for the update.

BTW, I assume everyone knew that Aunt Lacy passed away, right? I tried to post a message here as soon as I found out (the day after) but internet in remote Indonesia does not always cooperate.

So I have checked off seeing Komodo dragons and mola-molas from my bucket list. On to the next challenge.

Megan said...

For the others of you who are curious, you can copy this to your browser:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish

They're adorable!

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles