It was nice to be together this past weekend. Sorry we missed Danny! Did Michael and Melanie get off ok? I imagine the NC Smith's are happy with the lacrosse win and made it home safely, too.
I have a few friends who are dealing with parent issues and it makes me think how lucky we are to have each other. Thanks, mom and dad :)
TTYS,
Lel
10 comments:
Second to all of that.
We got home about 1am, but most of us slept in the car so were refreshed for school/work. The driver is just recovering now.
Great to see everyon. I'll post a photo with the trophy when I can get the kids by to see it.
Arrived safe and sound in Singapore moments ago, exactly 54 hours afte leaving Dunkirk Road. The plane never showed up for the flight to Chicago so they bussed us to Dulles to catch the DC - Tokyo - Singapore flight. The DC beltway traffic in late morning was a joke so we missed that flight too. They put us up in a fancy country club for the night but too far and late to go into DC. The rest of the trip was without a hitch.
It was great seeing everyone. Thanks Megan for hosting and others for contributing.
Regarding Mom.... She was pretty bad off on Tuesday. She burst into tears when she saw us (was it my O's shirt???) and would stop for a while. She was the most coherent I saw her and between sobs she said she had to get out and the place was driving her crazy. We took her to the first floor porch and on Melanie's lead talked about anything but the ward. She sat and happily chatted about everything and eventually how nice BG is. Hmmmm.... I know she needs to be in the ward but if she can get out whenever possible, she'll be better off. I think any guests she has would prefer to sit on the porch too.
Somewhat related, with the dresser in the closet, there is not enough room in there for both gnomes and the large table lamp too. I noticed when putting her clothes in there that Mom had to fold the lampshade a bit for the door to be able to close. Oh well.
Love & peace to all.
Actually I am sure she would be happy to sleep in the rememberance unit if she could get out for just a few hours every day and "talk" with someone on the back porch or during a short walk in the sun. All it takes is someone who can understand when to say "Oh" "really?" "I didn't know that" "uh huh" and "mmmmm" every now and then. I only understood about 10% of what she was saying most of the time but I bet she didn't know that. Whenever it got quiet (which is rare with her sentences) I would either tell her a short story about something I was doing or ask her a question like "who was older, Uncle Jim or Aunt Doris Ann"? Both got her happily talking for 20 minutes. Just don't talk about the unit or her happiness. That started her crying again.
l'll do the best I can to get to BG more. I think we're supposed to take comfort in the fact that she is at least safe where she is. Small comfort, anyway.
I visited on Sunday and found her to be in fine spirits. We did go out to the garden area in her "neighborhood". Note to future visitors to the garden...there is no door handle on the outside! Once you're out...you're out. The only way to get back in is to walk around the entire building. It was a nice day for a walk.
Love to all - Levelle
PS glad to hear that all of the "out of towners" got home safely. Thanks again Megan for the party. See you all soon!
Maybe we could rent-a-friend for Mom. She probably wouldn't know the difference. The person could show up everyday with a big smile and a hug, and take Mom for a walk for an hour or so. This would add to the already frequent visits by you guys and her free friends.
We could call him "Paul."
That is funny!
Hey, I'm all for paying Paul to be parttime companion. But would that interfere with him getting a real job that would count towards SS?
How is that going without any interference?
Post a Comment