I am sure you are having more fun this birthday than ones in the past. With your unprecedented early retirement, we expect great things from you in the volunteer and scuba worlds.
Keep up the great work. I am sure we could use your help in this hemisphere. And we have lovely fish, too.
Take good care,
Love,
Lel
5 comments:
Ditto what Leland says. And since you can now speak indonesian: Selamat Ulang Tahun!
Rory says: thanks for the jewelry box and happy birthday
Happy Birthday, Michael! Are you in Singapore? Haiti?
A belated thanks to all (and terima kasih to an impressive Stuart). I would not mind working in Haiti now but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I'm now starting the last 1/3 of my two week course in Indonesian. If I was getting on your nerves before by speaking behind your back to Melanie, wait until you hear me now. :p
This place is delightfully cool, at least when walking to and from school and at night. I haven't really used air conditioning for 10 days. Other than the lack of hot eater, the homestay where I live is awesome. You would all love the big old house covered in plants in every nook and cranny. The fily is small (m&d and daughter) but there are 7-14 other students here two, depending on the day. They are from all over the world and range in age from 25 to 60.
Food is dirt cheap. Yesterday, I had rice, beef, three veggies and fresh strawberry juice for $1. At the fancy restaurant for Sunday's lunch for four people, the bill was $11. Niiiice.
We get regular rain in the afternoon but today I saw Mt Merapi today. It's only 26km away and Asia's most active volcano. Wouldn't it be cool if I got photos of that blowing?!?
I get back to Singapore on Saturday and have a week before heading to East Timor with Melanie for 10 days to look for opportunities and diving. Heaven knows what is next.
Anybody up for a roadtrip? Rhett's in a musical in Feb:
"Our next show is Sondheim's "Company", which is Feb. 18-20th; it's a really incredible musical and I have a decent-sized part. "
I guess this is where I have to go now to find out what Rhett is up to.
Post a Comment