Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And back to the topic of Mom news...

Mom had a visit with the dentist yesterday! The dentist (Dr. Londeree's office, but not Dr. Londeree) said that other than plaque build-up (which they were able to chisel off ;-) ) her teeth looked good. I had been to the dentist the week before and warned them about her Alzheimers and they were very gentle and helpful with her. Other than trying to take her shirt off in the waiting room, all in all, the visit was quite nice and un-eventful.

On a brighter side to this ugly disease, Mom has turned a corner in the area of trust. She no longer dwells on the fact that people are stealing things from her and is now using the gnomes to hold her door open all of the time. Unfortunately this seems to be an open call to the "wanderers", but as long as she's okay with it, I am too.

Just a little update - Love to all - Levelle

20 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks for the update. It was depressing the last time I was there as Mom kept telling me that I should take the kids out and not feel like I need to come back - she says she knows that it isn't enjoyable. She is definitely aware of what is going on and what her condition is. I guess the trusting thing is good, but I kind of long for the day when she doesn't feel abandoned/imprisoned. She isn't there yet.

Stuart said...

Oh yeah, when do we get an update on the camping trip.

Stuart said...

Maybe one more to make it seem like there is a conversation going on.

Gilmom5 said...

hi!

Michael said...

I leave for East Timor tomorrow for ten days. Pray for no war.

Stuart said...

I do that every day anyway.

I'm a dirty effin hippie.

Levelle said...

Thank you Stuart. I was beginning to think that no one cared about my post. ;-)

Visited today, she was in pretty good spirits. The neighborhood is prepped for the big now weekend.

Love to all - Levelle

Michael said...

So that's why she didn't answer when I called. BTW, Mom always complained to me that BGT would make her shovel the snow from the sidewalks. They still aren't doing that, are they???

Boo, I sent you a message to fourblanchards. Did you see it?

Levelle said...

Sorry Mike, I never check that email. It's the one I use for junk mail. Use my levelleblanchard at jhmi dot edu if you need me.

Stuart said...

Anybody know the record for comments on a spout?

I hope you all made it out to church today.

Gilmom5 said...

Stuart, Jim and I are thinking of coming down to see Rhett's play. All depends on the weather, of course. Sound OK to you? 2/20.

Stuart said...

Lel, that sounds great. Rhett would be excited to have family ni the audience. Trudy and I will have to see it Thursday night though. Saturday night is the auction for the kids' school. And Friday is the opening of an art exhibit (Ray Johnson)in Asheville. Trudy donated some pieces to the show.


BTW, the production is Company by Sondheim. Singing the upper-middle class's problems.

Megan said...

Maybe the record is 13 comments.

Hi, everybody. As for camping: Matt had a good dose of outdoor/cold/manly time during the big camping trip. Unfortunately, he brought home a doozy of a sinus infection that kept him out of work for the week.

Levelle said...

Ok, I'll make it 14! We are expecting another foot of snow today on top of the 20 or so inches that we got last weekend. The kids probably won't be back to school before next week :-O !!!

Love to all - Levelle

Stuart said...

Still snowing? I haven't heard anything on the news. That amount of snowfall down here, over two storms, would close the schools for more than a week.

I hope Matt feels better. I used to call them sinus infections also.

Levelle said...

They just changed it from a Winter Storm Warning to a Blizzard Warning. That would be two in one week! The snow is piled so high in our court already that the kids can go sledding on it and climb it to slam dunk in the basketball net. We won't be having school this week at all (and even better, Hopkins University has been closed this week too). It needs to be gone by Tuesday though, these kids need to get back to school. They are getting a little to comfortable with this "no school" thing. It's 8:30 and they are all still asleep. Crazy!

Love to all - Levelle

PS Quinn was able to get in a visit with Mom yesterday. She said that Mom was quite chatty, just not coherent in the least. :-/

Michael said...

man I almost screamed with delight when reading that post -

Levelle said...
Ok, I'll make it 14! We are expecting another....

Gilmom5 said...

Me too. Took me a minute, because I knew the names of the first 4, but the other nine?

Michael said...

I was thinking decatuplets.

Stuart said...

Y'all must read really slowly

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles