Sounds like Mom was having a tough time this weekend. Quinn and Tod found her in bed all depressed on Sunday morning, but convinced her to go to church and lunch. From what I understand, she perked up a little as the day went on. But Uncle Jim found her the same way on Monday. He told Quinn it was as bad as she's ever been. Funny part is that when he asked her if the kids had been visiting, she said that Levelle did come around. So much for the rest of you :)
Just wondering if anyone had been back since then? I'm afraid to call, but I'll come down this weekend for a visit.
We need some new pictures on the blog. Post summer photos if you have any or send them to me and I will.
Take care,
Lel
6 comments:
Silence is deafening.
I think I'll try to get up next weekend.
I keep trying to call but I never get and answer. The 12 time difference (instead of 13 in October) gives a very small time window for me to call. That, despite what Mom said last time "don't worry about calling at 3:00am, 4:00am, etc. I never sleep."
Quinn, Megan and I went to see Mom today and she was really pretty good. Megan and I took her lunch, then we visited the cemetery and drove past Rosebank. All in all, a little sad but content to be together (all of us :)) Then we met Quinn at BGT and spent a few hours visiting. Quinn asked Mom who her favorite was, and she reached right past both of us to touch Dad's picture. Love never fails!
Peace,
Lel
PS Just talked to Mom...She said it was sooooo nice to spend the day with Danny and Paul today ;-p
Love to all - Levelle
Now THAT is funny.
Yesterday's visit did start on the down side but it ended well enough. Mom came out of the lunch room greeting Paul and I with a pained look and "I've GOT to get out of here!" on her lips. Let's walk and talk I suggested so we claimed shaded seating and a wonderful breeze out back for about an hour.
The first part of Mom’s unhappiness came out pretty quickly. She says that Sr.“I-forget-her-name” won’t allow her to walk next door for daily Mass any more. I told Mom that we’d find out if this is actually so and, if so, what alternate means of getting her there exist. If it is so, I should think that walking over with others or taking the short bus if available during the week would be accepted by BG for now.
The second part of Mom’s unhappiness was a bit harder to discern. A long confusing story ensued about a wedding yesterday at BG. Mom says she was trying to assist the groom or father-of-the-bride with preparing some party favors. Apparently, two “other girls” were jealous, were belittling Mom and called her efforts stupid. There wasn’t much that we could say to ‘fix’ this one other than chalking the incident up to “girls being girls”(no offense sisters). I then asked Mom to follow her own advise given to us when young and being teased ...“Just ignore them”.
It being a beautiful afternoon, I thought that an outing might raise her spirits. She strongly resisted this suggestion but I finally convinced her to kiss Paul goodbye and we hit the road. An ice cream on the back deck at Sanders and a drive through Loch Raven Park began to get her mind off her woes. Leisurely winding our way back to BG took us down Hampton Lane. We drove up and through N.D.P.’s property and then stopped at the Hampton National Historic Site... both were Mom’s ideas. We took an hour long guided tour of the Hampton Mansion which Mom thoroughly enjoyed. I promised to bring her back another time to tour the grounds and other buildings.
Mom went back to BG just in time for dinner and in much better spirits. No bets here on how long they last. She had little if any recollection of you girls visiting and taking her out on Saturday and probably won’t remember Sunday’s outing today. One day at time, we all try...
LTA, Danny
ps: When we got back to BG, the receptionist reported that the Ravens won 38-24... in overtime. How did we do that!!! ;-)
Post a Comment