Just a note to say hello to whoever still checks this blog.
Good luck to the Philadelphia Eagles and fans in the family. The Eagles are a much more palatable option compared to the cheating Patriots. Please get advice from John Harbaugh. The Ravens seem to have figured out how to beat those bums.
BTW, am I the first in the family to have cataract surgery? Do I win any prize? The lens in my right eye - which used to be my only good eye - is getting a replacement part on Monday. My left eye - which only became useful when I had Lasik's - has been used since then solely for reading until recently. Over the past year, it has quietly reshaped itself to the point where it has almost has perfect vision - for distance! Better yet, I can still read with it if there is sufficient light. The joys of aging.
Also on the joys of aging, I just read a paper that said people with Essential Tremors have a increased risk of Alzheimer's. For a minute, I thought about going back to having Parkinson's. My best friend here has Alzheimer's and his family is not nearly as good with him as we were with Mom. I cannot seem to get across to his wife that she is teaching her kids how to care for her when she is older. She will regret it one day.
Finally, Google has stopped supporting the Blogger iPad / iPhone app so I have transferred all my travel blogs over to WordPress. WordPress was a little difficult to figure out at the start but turns out to be extremely easy to use and can be very versatile. Much of the versatility comes at a price but their free version is still pretty decent. It only took a few minutes to transfer each blog as well, retaining all the photos, posts, pages, comments, etc. Just in case Google ever completely kills off Blogger, I have backed up the Sprinkles blog and can restore it on WordPress.
Peace and love to all.
3 comments:
Hi, there. I think you win on the cataract surgery experience. About six or seven years ago, I had an eye doctor tell me I had baby cataracts forming. Cute, huh? I guess they're progressing slowly enough, though I hear that the surgery corrects your vision and I'm looking forward to that. Keep us posted. And weren't you first to get shingles, too?
Regarding the essential tremors connection to alzheimer's, wouldn't you want to move back to the US/Baltimore, just in case, where you know people who would know how to care for you? In fact, I remember that Stuart and Quinn were going to open an Alzheimer's facility where we can get a family discount on our rooms!
Hope you're having a good birthday week!
Oh boy! I win! Although I have to give Levelle 10 years to catch me and Paul 5 years... I had shingles in 2005 at 47 years old so if no one else has had it, I win that one too. I'm kicking butt!
Congratulations on your babies. The story here is that they used to wait until cataracts were nice and ripe (complete lens deterioration) but with improvements in surgery, they do it sooner now. I'm hoping to fix the double vision in that eye but they are still saying that current methods work 95% of the time to improve vision. We shall see. Get it? "We shall see"?
Finally, Stuart can have the master bedroom if he gets this place and there are still seven en-suite bedrooms for the rest of us. It looks like a steal: http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/money-pit-house-sale-perfect-condition/story?id=52548905
FYI, cataract surgery was a breeze. They told me before hand that I would be awake and need to cooperate, blah, blah, blah. I was nervous as all get out before the surgery but fell asleep on the gurney outside the OR. I woke up briefly as the put in an IV but was pretty knocked out again within seconds. I woke up a few times and noticed that my eye was clamped open and someone was "digging around" but I didn't really care at all. I was in happy land.
Three days later and I have pretty close to 20/20 in that eye. The colors are a bit weird at the moment but those things are getting better every day. Melanie is playing Florence Nightingale perfectly and spoiling me rotten. I have three more days on desk duty and a month of no exercise so I should put on a lot of weight for the next Camino. All is good.
Post a Comment