Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Birthday, Michael!

is it still your birthday in Singapore. I'm guessing not. But better late than never.
Hope your day and night were great.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry to be late with birthday greetings, especially since I sat at my computer last night, struggling to improve my resume and cover letter for a job I really want, but I was thinking of you, swearing I would send my greetings as soon as I was done, but by then I was bleary-eyed and forgot. :-( Pheww! I hope the writing I was taking care of before I hit the send button wasn't quite as poorly written as that sentence.
But Happy Dang Birthday, belatedly!

Michael said...

I had a great but embarrassing birthday. I celebrated a day early with a whaleshark. On the 20th, we were scheduled to do bac-to-back trips, dropping off customers at noon and boarding for the next trip at 7:00pm. Normally, it would be boarding people the following evening but, if everyone pitched in and worked hard, I knew we could do it. Melanie and I always help the boat crew get the boat ready but this time, help was vital.

Shortly before we arrived at the jetty to drop off the first set of customers, I'm told by the boss that we have to get off the boat during the interval "to get out of the crew's way as they will be busy". I fumed and grumbled, knowing full well that the boss was just being lazy and didn't want any of the dive staff showing him up by helping the crew. We were forced to take the company van to a nearby town where I was plotting to just get back into a taxi and head back to the pier at my cost.

Grumbling the whole way to the town, when we arrived, the boss and other guides headed to a restaurant for lunch. I motioned Melanie towards the taxis. She told me she needed some lunch first and convinced me to go to the same place as the other guides.... where they were waiting to celebrate my birthday. Oh fiddlesticks. I had to apologize for all my nasty thoughts.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles